setup.py installs modules to a wrong place

Michal Ludvig mludvig at logix.net.nz
Thu Dec 18 18:21:27 EST 2008

Ping!

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

The bug reported provided some more information recently...

The modules have been installed to /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages as
show below.

Apparently on his system /usr/lib/python2.5 is a symlink to
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5

While this directory *is* in sys.path, the .../site-packages one isn't,
see below in my original post.

So why did Python decide to put the modules there? Why not one of the
directories that are in sys.path? Is this configurable somewhere?

Thanks!

Michal