String Format Error.

Paulo Repreza pxrepreza at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 01:19:21 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm a newbie with python and I recently bought Beginning with Python (Which
is a book I recommend) but the problem that I'm facing it's the following:

*This is the code:
*
#!/usr/bin/python2.5
# Filename: str_format.py

age = 25
name = 'foobar'

print('{0} is {1} years old'.format(name, age))
print('Why is {0} playing with that python?'.format(name))

*But when I run the script I receive this error:

*Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "str_format.py", line 7, in <module>
    print('{0} is {1} years old'.format(name, age))
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'format'

It is an error because of the version that I'm using ? Python 2.5.2 (Debian
lenny)

Thanks in advance.