Find Files in a Folder Between 2 Dates

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Fri Dec 5 18:14:39 EST 2008

On Dec 6, 9:41 am, Gregory Plantaine <gamersu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> That worked perfectly!
>
> Thanks Tim!
>
> Since we can print the files, does that mean the list of files is in a
> tuple, or something?  Would there be a way to further split up the
> file names?
>
> For example, now that the files are processed into the list, we want
> to look through that list to find different filetypes.
>
> files
>
> C:\Folder\File_200812051439.111
> C:\Folder\File_200812051539.222

*DANGER* It looks like you are interested in the timestamps that are
embedded in the names of the files. Tim's code assumes [reasonably
given that your problem description was ambiguous and had no examples
of good and bad results] that you are interested in the last
modification time of the file. You may say "same thing". Yes, same
thing, until somebody sucks a file into a text editor, messes with it,
and saves it again. No, Murphy's Law has not been repealed.

> Can we split up .111 files?
>
> Actually, where would I look something like this up?

In the Library Reference Manual ... there are all sorts of goodies in
the os and os.path modules e.g. like those used by Tim; make sure you
read the docs on the methods Tim used so that you understand what's
happening.

HTH,
John