pseudo terminal usage from Python?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Tue Dec 23 14:18:10 EST 2008

On 2008-12-23, skip at pobox.com <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>     Grant> Are you sure it's not Python buffering its input?  Have you tried
>     Grant> "python -u mympstat.py"?
>
> Nope.  -u unbuffers stdout and stderr, not stdin.  It really must be mpstat
> being uncooperative.

That's not what my python man page says:

       -u     Force stdin, stdout and stderr to be totally
              unbuffered.  On systems where it matters, also
              put stdin, stdout and stderr in binary mode.

That's for 2.5.2, but that's how I remember previous versions
working as well.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! We have DIFFERENT
                                  at               amounts of HAIR --