Multiple Versions of Python on Windows XP

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Tue Dec 2 03:56:13 EST 2008

On approximately 12/1/2008 11:29 PM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of Martin v. Löwis:
>> It would be nice if the ftypes were version specific as created by the
>> installer; IIRC, I created the above three from the ftype Python.File as
>> I installed each version.
>>

> That's a good idea; please submit a wish list item to bugs.python.org.
> There may be issues (such as people relying on this being Python.File),
> but I can't see any problems off-hand.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

OK, Issue 4485 created.  My first one, so let me know if I goofed.  I
elaborated a bit from the original email, upon reflection.  Seemed
useful, but also seemed complex by the time I got done.

I don't really have a clue what the uninstaller should do with these;
nor have I fiddled to know if it presently removes Python.File.  I
suppose it should delete them, if and only if the ftype and assoc have
the same content as was created by the corresponding version installation.

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/