Pythonic design patterns

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 4 05:00:53 EST 2008

Slaunger wrote:
> Hi comp.lang.python
> I was therefore wondering if you could recommend a book or a resource
> concerning design patterns with special focus on the possibilities in
> Python?
>
> In that manner I may be able to both learn programming more pythonic
> AND learn the design patterns.
>
> -- Slaunger

Check the python cheat sheet for the most common idioms:
http://rgruet.free.fr/PQR25/PQR2.5.html#Workspace. You should also check
out http://effbot.org/zone/index.htm and peruse Fredrik Lundh's code.
His blog is worth a look as well. He is a master of pythonic idioms and
patterns.

The cookbook has a lot of complex examples and may not provide you with
the insight you are looking for. Only a small fraction of the recipes do
this.

--
James Stroud
Box 951570