To Troll or Not To Troll (aka: "as" keyword woes)

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Fri Dec 5 17:00:18 EST 2008

Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
> Is it me, or has c.l.p. developed a slightly harsher tone recently?
> (Haven't been following for a while.)

Yep. I can only post here for about a week or two until someone blows a
cylinder and gets ugly because they interpreted something I said as a
criticism of the language and took it personally by extension. Then I
have to take a 4 month break because I'm VERY prone to
reciprocating--nastily. I think its a symptom of the language's
maturing, getting popular, and a minority fraction* of the language's
most devout advocates developing an egotism that complements their
python worship in a most unsavory way.

I wish they would instead spend their energy volunteering to moderate
this list and culling out some of the spam.

*No names were mentioned in the making of this post.