parse C expression?

Miki miki.tebeka at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:51:25 EST 2008

> Is there a standard module available that lets me parse a syntax like "C"
> with numbers, operators, braces, variables and function calls?
There is a C compiler implemented with PLY somewhere.

> I'd like to use this to parse an own kind of configuration language
> and preferred would be just standard modules.  Is there something
> available that is maybe based on shlex?
I usually use Python as my configuration syntax, see
http://pythonwise.blogspot.com/2006/05/using-python-syntax-in-configuration.html
(shameless plug). Beware that this has security implications, I use it
only in internal applications.

HTH,
--
Miki <miki.tebeka at gmail.com>