Number of Python 3.x packages at the PyPI

has has.temp3 at virgin.net
Sun Dec 7 13:06:11 EST 2008

On 7 Dec, 09:20, "Martin v. Löwis" <mar... at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> excor... at gmail.com wrote:
> > Are there any special arrangements necessary for PyPI packages which
> > have both a Python 2.x version and a Python 3.x version?
>
> So far, no such need has been identified.

I've had to fork my appscript project's codebase in order to add
support for Python 3.x. I would like to distribute both 2.x and 3.x
versions under the same package name for obvious reasons. This isn't a
problem with eggs as the Python version number is included in each
egg's name, but what about source distributions where both filenames
are exactly the same (appscript-0.19.0.tar.gz)?

Thanks,

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net