New Python 3.0 string formatting - really necessary?

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 15:52:49 EST 2008

On Dec 22, 7:26 pm, Steven D'Aprano
<ste... at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 06:58:06 -0800, walterbyrd wrote:
> > On Dec 21, 12:28 pm, Bruno Desthuilliers
> > <bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
> >> Strange enough,
> >> no one seems to complain about PHP or Ruby's performances...
>
> > A few years back, there was a certain amount of chest thumping, when
> > python/django easily beat ror in a benchmark test. Now that ruby is
> > faster, I guess speed is no big issue.
>
> Who was doing this chest-thumping? Fanboys like "r"? Why should you tar
> all of us with their immaturity?

Walter,
Steven would rather live in a bland Utopian society and could care
less for the greatness of competition and he has little respect for
loyalty. He would like to have little league games where there is no
losers, so nobody's "feelings" get hurt(oh NO!). And EOE so that god
forbid weather or not someone is qualified they must be hired just to
keep a equal balance in the workplace. Hey Steven, we should outlaw
individualism too, God forbid someone think outside the box!(damn
heretics!)

 But as they say "ignorance is bliss" ey Stevie?