Debugging a Python Program that Hangs

Kevin D. Smith Kevin.Smith at sas.com
Tue Dec 2 11:19:22 EST 2008

I have a fairly large python program that, when a certain combination
of options is used, hangs.  I have no idea where it is hanging, so
simply putting in print statements to locate the spot would be quite
difficult.  Unfortunately, ctrl-C'ing the program doesn't print a
traceback either.  Looking through the python debugger documentation, I
don't see how to run a python program and interactively stopping it
while it is running.  Is there a way to stop within a running python
program to see where it is getting hung up?

--
Kevin D. Smith