python book for non technical absolute beginner

News123 news123 at free.fr
Sat Dec 6 08:21:45 EST 2008

Hi,

One of my 'non technical' friends complained about knowing nothing at
all about programming (though using computers regularly for mails / web
browsing / googling and downloading / cropping photos )

He wants to play a little with programming to stimulate parts of his
otehrwise idle brain cells. ;-) Normally it's more the social science /
linguistic parts being exercised,

I thought python might be a nice language for this

No my question does anybody know a nice beginners book (or a learning CD
or on line tutorial)? Ideally it shouldn't be too serious and have a lot
of small nice mini-examples

thanks in advance for any suggestions hints

bye