Python's popularity

Francesco Guerrieri f.guerrieri at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 13:15:31 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM, r <rt8396 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Walter,
> I just look at the stats for comp.lang.python, and i am 9th place for
> most post this month. That makes me completely sad. With just 50 post
> so far, i am showing up on the high count. Sad, very sad. Now i have
> much reason to believe that only 100 or so people follow this list :(.
> Python is slipping. We must try harder, or all of Guido's work will be
> for nothing!

Just wanted to remember you that Python is an open source project initiated
and led by Guido Van Rossum and kept alive
(and in good health) by the work of *many* people. It if were only Guido's
work it would be different from what it is now.

Furthermore, choosing to code in a language or in another is not a matter of
religion or of war. If someone likes Ruby, or Perl, or VBA...
 and is productive (according to her needs) with it, why in the world should
a Python programmer consider her an "enemy"???

Francesco