Rich Comparisons Gotcha

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 19:27:44 EST 2008

Terry Reedy wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>> Terry Reedy wrote:

>>> What you are calling a misfeature is an absence, not a presence that
>>> can be removed.
>>
>> That's not quite true.
>
> In what way, pray tell.  My statement still looks quite true to me.

There is an explicit policy that __eq__() methods can return non-bools for
various purposes. I consider that policy to a "presence that can be removed".
There is no check because that policy exists, not the other way around.

Anyways, this is really a semantic digression, and not particularly important.
Peace?

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."