Beep

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 22:42:20 EST 2008

Tobias Andersson wrote:

> Jeffrey Barish skrev:
>> Chris Rebert wrote:
>>> Is the 'pcspkr' kernel module built and loaded?
>>
>> Yes.  And I should have mentioned that I get sound from Ubuntu
>> applications that produce sound.
>
> Also, is the terminal bell set to "visual"? If so chr(7) only
> produces a brief flash (or similar).

On Ubuntu, it is possible to set visual and audible beeps separately.  When
I set both, I get the visual beep, but not the audible one.  It's not a
Python issue -- so I should take this thread to Ubuntu -- because I observe
this behavior even when I hit backspace at the beginning of a line in a
terminal.
--
Jeffrey Barish