end of print = lower productivity ?

Mon Dec 1 18:00:23 EST 2008

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 09:46:43 -0600, Tim Chase wrote:

>> For a proof, let's see what Google has to say about this: "Windows text
>> editor". Vim is on page 3, near the turning point where nobody is
>> talking about text-editor anymore and more about text-editor reviews.
>> Even worse is Emacs, on page 6, after many other popular text-editors
>> have been mentioned several times.
>
> That's a pretty malformed "proof"

You're right, it is not "proof", but it is damn good evidence that vim
has got a small mindshare among the general Windows-only text editor
using population.

> However, if you want to play that game, vim.org appears on page #1 of
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=best+text+editor

Is that prefixed by "not even close to"? *grin*

> Use what editor works for you -- but if evolution in the language's
> features makes difficulties for you but not for users of other editors,
> it's your editor that's the problem, not the language.

Well, maybe. I think it is quite legitimate to say that APL is the
problem, not the lack of good editors (not to mention keyboards!) for all
the weird special characters it uses.

But in context, I agree with you.

--
Steven