Learning Python now coming from Perl

News123 news123 at free.fr
Sat Dec 6 13:23:38 EST 2008

I fully agree with Roy's answer.

COding small tasks is a good starting point. For quite some time you'll
be of course less efficient than with your previous language, but that's
part of the learning curve, isn't it.

I guess you'll learn the syntax rather quickly.
What's more painful is to learn which functianilty is in which library
and which library exists.

There's of course a lot of online documentation, but often you find
answers to trivial python questions fastest with Google:
for example:  search for something like "python string reverse example"

And there's of course this newsgroup whenever you're stuck with a
'missing' feature, (though mostly the features aren't missing, but just
a little different)

bye