iterating initalizations

Aaron Stepp stepp.aaron at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 10:39:52 EST 2008

import random
from rtcmix import *
from chimes_source import * # Chime.play()
from rhythmblock import * # rhythmBlock.rhythmTwist() and
rhythmBlock.printStuff()
from pitchblock import * # pitchBlock.pitchTwist() and
pitchBlock.printStuff()
from lenEval import *  #greaterThan.sovler()

indexrand = random.Random()
indexrand.seed(2)

chime = Chime()
notes = pitchBlock()
rhythm = rhythmBlock()
solve = greaterThan()

class arrayBlock:

	def __init__(self, theTempo, start):
		self.__A = []
		self.__B = []
		self.__start = start
		self.__tempo = theTempo

	def player(self, length, tempo, octave, pan, seed):

		tempo = (120, self.__tempo)

		for a in range(length):

			one = indexrand.randint(0, 3)

			two = indexrand.randint(0, 7)

			self.__A = self.__A + notes.pitchTwist(one , two)

		for b in range(length):

			one = indexrand.randint(0, 3)

			two = indexrand.randint(0, 7)

			self.__B = self.__B + rhythm.rhythmTwist(one , two)

		lenA = len(self.__A)
		lenB = len(self.__B)

		var = solve.solver(lenA, lenB)

		for c in range(var):

			print self.__A[c]

			self.__start = self.__start + tb(self.__B[var])

			chime.play(self.__start, self.__A[var], octave, pan, seed)

This almost does exactly what I want, and is far cleaner than my
previous attempts.

The only problem is that now all my arguments are being passed as zeros!

I assume this has to do with WHEN I'm referencing self.__A and self.__B?

AS