socket and subprocess problem

goatold at gmail.com goatold at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 21:46:55 EST 2008

Hi all,

Here is my problem, see if any one else met this before
In my python code I use subprocess.Popen to run and external program
who will listen to a TCP port. And I also create a socket to connect
to the TCP port that the external program is listening.
I will get 'Connection refused, errno=111' when I try to socket.connect
().
But if I run my subprocess.Popen code and socket code in two separate
python process. Socket will connect just fine. OS is RHEL5 x86_64,
python version is 2.6.1 Pseudo code as below

Class a:
  def run()
    subprocess.Popen(..)
Class b: