Multiple Versions of Python on Windows XP

Colin J. Williams cjwilliams43 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 08:29:47 EST 2008

Glenn Linderman wrote:

> The equivalent of those commands is available via Windows Explorer,
> Tools / Folder Options, File Types, scroll-scroll-scroll your way to
> .py, Click Advanced, fiddle, copy paste apply, and other twaddle.
Yes, but what's needed is a further level of indirection.  Currently,
this allows .py to be associated with a particular editor.  It would be
great if there were some way of associating "Python.File", which is
created in the install process, with a particular editor.  Then, one is
left with associating "Python.File" with a given version of Python.
Meanwhile, your suggestion provides a workaround.

Colin W.