html codes

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 9 02:51:00 EST 2008

Hi folks,

I came across a javascript library that returns all sorts of html
codes in the cookies it sets and I need my web framework (written in
python :)) to decode them. I'm aware of htmlentitydefs but
htmlentitydefs.entitydefs.keys( ) are of the form '&#xxx' but this
javascript library uses stuff like '%3A' for the ':' for example. The
conversion is here:

http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

Is there a python package/module/whatever that does the conversion for
me or do I have to write a little wrapper myself (and introduce bugs
while doing so :))?

Cheers,
Daniel