mod_python resources

tmallen thomasmallen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 16:17:03 EST 2008

Here's my problem (it's a conceptual one). Coming from the world of
mod_php, each file can represent a page with no intervention. I was
not able to achieve the same with mod_python when I tried, and for
that matter, couldn't put the pieces together in a usable way.

Let me start simply: If I wanted to create a trivial site, (Home,
About, Contact) with a header and footer included, in PHP, it would be
done as such: each page (index.php, about.php, contact.php) includes
the template bits (header.php, footer.php). Is this simplicity
achievable using Python? And by "simplicity," I'm referring to
simplicity in execution; not necessarily an identical approach.

Thanks,
Thomas