ANN: New Book: Programming in Python 3

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:56:03 EST 2008

2008/12/4 Mark Summerfield <mark at qtrac.eu>:
> Now that Python 3 final has been released I thought it would be a good time
> to mention that there's a new book to go with it:
>
> "Programming in Python 3:
> A Complete Introduction to the Python Language"
> ISBN 0137129297
> http://www.qtrac.eu/py3book.html
>
> I've been working on this for more than a year, testing the examples
> against every Python 3 alpha and beta, and against the final release (using
> Python's unit test and doctest modules of course:).
>
> The book has just gone into production and should be available in print at
> the end of this month in the U.S., and a month or two later elsewhere. The
> book's web page has links to a draft of the introduction and to safari
> books online where you can read extracts.
>
> The book is aimed at a wide audience, but assumes some programming
> experience (not necessarily Python, not necessarily object-oriented). It
> teaches solid procedural style programming, then builds on that to teach
> solid object-oriented programming, and then goes on to more advanced topics
> (e.g., including a nice way to create validated attributes by combining
> class decorators with descriptors). But even newcomers to Python 3 should
> be able to write useful (although small and basic) programs after reading
> chapter 1, and then go on to create larger and more sophisticated programs
> as they work through the chapters.

I will ask my university bookstore to get a copy, though by experience
it probably won't get there until Python 4! They just now got a Fedora
3 book in stock that I requested eons ago.

If I decide to buy online, what is most favourable for you? Amazon?
Direct order? I need shipping to Israel.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü