Centralized logging server...

Sam samslists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 15:02:19 EST 2008

Hi...

I'm working with a small team writing a bunch of python applications
that communicate via xml/http in a somewhat restful way.  :)  They are
running on about half a dozen computers.  We'll probably be scaling
that to a lot more computers soon.

I've been playing with the python logging module.  I'd like all of
these applications to write their logs to the same place in order to
make analysis easier.

Any ideas on best practices?

What are my options for a syslog server to receive the messages?
Rsyslog looks like it would be good.  Anyone know anything else?

Thanks