Python for kids?

Russ P. Russ.Paielli at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 15:13:37 EST 2008

I have a 12-year-old son who spends too much time playing Xbox live
and watching silly YouTube videos. I would like to try to get him
interested in programming. Is anyone aware of a good book or website
that addresses this concern, preferably (but not necessarily) using
Python? I could try to teach him Python myself, but I'm afraid I would
just frustrate him and kill his interest in programming. I did a
Google search and found a few things, but not a lot. Thanks.