Creating an application for Linux

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 16:06:21 EST 2008

Hi,

My boss wants me to port one of my applications to Ubuntu. I
successfully ported it without too many headaches but now I need a way
to distribute it to people that may or may not already have the
dependencies my application requires. I'm a newb with Linux so I'm not
even sure what they call the distribution (rpms, deb, source code).

After browsing the various "installer" docs out there, it looks like
bbfreeze or PyInstaller might work, but I couldn't find any examples.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I am using Python 2.5.2 and this is a wxPython application with
SqlAlchemy and a few other external packages.

Mike