Guido's new method definition idea

Almar Klein almar.klein at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 09:10:41 EST 2008

I like the transparancy and clearity of python, and the explicit self
fits beautifully. Allowing a second way of defining your methods
would only confuse newbies more I would think.

I was a newby only half a year ago (or maybe I still am). The
explicit self seems weird the very first time you see it, but very
soon you see the beauty of it. The error message may be confusing
sometimes, but as Guido says, I guess it's better to fix the
error message rather than changing the language.

-1 for me!

As for the $ stuff, it makes things less transparant and yes, it's looks
rather ugly.

-1 on this one as well.

Almar