Compiling and installing python 2.5.2 with Visual C++ 2008

Juan Pablo Romero Méndez jpablo.romero at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:23:30 EST 2008

Thanks!

I'm having trouble with msi.py, so I'll better try python 2.6

The problem is with Pivy (openinventor bindings to python), it refuses
to compile. It says:

error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

And because I've been compiling everything needed by pivy (Coin, Qt,
SoQt, PyQt) with visual c++ 8, I decided to recompile python itself.

  Juan Pablo