join a samba domain

Toff christophedeze at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:22:51 EST 2008

On 22 déc, 17:02, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> Toff wrote:
> > hi,
>
> > I 'm trying to write a script to make my computer join a samba.
>
> > domeone have any idea ??
>
> Ummm. It's not clear if you're saying that your code doesn't
> work, or asking for general advice, or what? I'm not in a
> position to have my machine join a domain or workgroup, but
> you seem to have got most things in place already. The only
> thing I would expect to have to change is this last line:
>
> >    import wmi
> >    c = wmi.WMI()
> >    d = c.Win32_ComputerSystem
> >    d.JoinDomainOrWorkGroup(None, 3, "mydom", "mydompw", r"admin\\mydom")
>
> because the d is only a WMI *class*, not a WMI *instance*,
> so doesn't refer as it should to your computer system but
> to the class of computer systems. Try something like this (untested):
>
> <code>
> import wmi
>
> c = wmi.WMI ()
> for d in c.Win32_ComputerSystem ():
>   d.JoinDomainOrWorkGroup(None, 3, "mydom", "mydompw", r"admin\\mydom")
>
> </code>
>
> TJG
thanks but it doesn't work
I've got this errors

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "integrdom.py", line 51, in <module>
   main()
 File "integrdom.py", line 13, in main
   joindom()
 File "integrdom.py", line 44, in joindom
   d.JoinDomainOrWorkGroup(None, 3, "domcd", "adminLocal", r"admin
\domcd")
 File "c:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\wmi.py", line 493, in __getattr__
   handle_com_error (error_info)
 File "c:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\wmi.py", line 189, in
handle_com_error
   raise x_wmi, "\n".join (exception_string)
wmi.x_wmi