psycopg2 and large queries

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Dec 18 18:02:29 EST 2008

On 2008-12-18 22:28, Laszlo Nagy wrote:

>> Well, there are plenty of PostgreSQL modules around these days, and
>> even if pyPgSQL isn't suitable, I'm sure that there must be one which
>> can be made to work on Windows and to support server-side cursors. See
>> here for more:
>>
>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PostgreSQL
>>
> I'm just looking for something that can replace psycopg2, because of the
> bug mentioned in my original post. Here are my options:
>
> - psycopg1: development stalled
> - psycopg2: memory bug and/or not db api compilant (see my original post)
> - pyPgSQL: looks like that the last release was in mid 2006 (and it
> depends on mxDateTime -> licensing problems)

mxDateTime is open-source, just like everything you find in our
eGenix mx Base distribution:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/

mxODBC and mxODBC Connect are commercial products, work well
with PostgreSQL and are actively maintained:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/

Why not give them a try ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 18 2008)
2008-12-02: Released mxODBC.Connect 1.0.0      http://python.egenix.com/

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/