Python Dynamic Profiling

esgameserver at gmail.com esgameserver at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 02:23:57 EST 2008

Hi,

Sorry for re-posting but I want to clarify my question again here.

So, we have a multithreaded server application and I want to see the
profile of our code means which function is executed how many times
and time spent in that function dynamically. With dynamic, I mean
without stopping the profiled thread.

Is there any way to do that, other than hacking my own code with hooks
and calculating the info above by hand?

P.S:cProfile and Profile modules are very good indeed, but as far as I
understand you need to stop the profiler and the associated thread to
see the profile results. That is unacceptable for my situation.

Thanks,