RELEASED Python 3.0 final

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Dec 5 22:23:42 EST 2008

Steven D'Aprano:

>I think you're talking about mixed spaces/tabs in the one module.<

Right.

>My gut feeling is that you have to have a fairly unusual set of circumstances before it causes actual bugs.<

I don't mix tab and spaces in my code, and my editor is able to
convert them, so after the first few days of Python coding, it more or
less never caused me problems.
But such thing in code written by others has caused me enough
troubles, I am generally unable to edit such code keeping it
functional, so I have to (sometimes by trial and error) convert it to
a space only (or tabs only) format.
Such troubles aren't that large compared for example to the usual
troubles I receive writing and comping C++ code, but enough compared
to the usual smoothness of coding in Python :-)

>Er, what do you mean? What wart?<

Not using {:}/{} as literals for empty dict/set.

Bye,
bearophile