Pythonic design patterns

Slaunger Slaunger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 04:09:08 EST 2008

Hi comp.lang.python

I am this novice Python programmer, who is not educated as a computer
scientist (I am a physicist), and who (regrettably) has never read the
GOF on design patterns.

I find myself spending a lot of time in Python making some designs, to
solve some task, which is the end turn out to be closely related to
well established design patterns / programming idioms, which other
users in this forum has been kind enough to point out. Only my
implementations are often not that clean, and I may call things
something different than the normal convention, which is a source of
confusion for myself and others trying to communicate with me.

I guess I could boost my productivity by learning these well-proven
and well-established design patterns by heart.

I was therefore wondering if you could recommend a book or a resource
concerning design patterns with special focus on the possibilities in
Python?

In that manner I may be able to both learn programming more pythonic
AND learn the design patterns.

-- Slaunger