New Python 3.0 string formatting - really necessary?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sun Dec 21 14:41:37 EST 2008

r a écrit :
> I noticed when i mentioned "self" nobody wants to touch that subject.
> There could be many reasons why...
>
> 0.) nobody but the 10 regulars i see here exists
> 1.) nobody cares(doubt it)
> 2.) nobody is brave enough to question it(maybe)
> 3.) most people like to type self over and over again(doubt it)
> 4.) most people here have given up on changing the BDFL's mind about
> it. (good possibility)
> 5.) this is a hot-button topic(no doubt in my mind!)

6.) you are definitevely clueless.

(snip)

> I love python's classes, but HATE self.redundant!

This declaration only makes clear that answer to your above question is #6.

> This really needs to
> be fixed,

Your ignorance needs to be fixed, yes, indeed. Please go and fix it -
all the relevant materials is available in (or linked from somewhere in)
this newgroup's archives.

> and you have not heard the last from me about it!!!

As far as I'm concerned, yes. Welcome to my bozo filter. Please come
back when you'll have grown a brain.