setuptools - library dependencies

redbaron ivanov.maxim at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 10:03:28 EST 2008

I try to write setup.py which compiles  C Extenstion (A). The problem
is the fact, that my C Extension depends on another C lib (B). I've
digged it setuptools sources a bit and found "libraries" option for
setuptools.setup.
Now it compile B library at build_clib stage and A Extenstion at
build_ext stage. But it doesn't pack B library in final egg file, only
A one. Even more, it compiles B as static lib, but links it to A as
dynamic, it leads to undefined symbols in A. How could I either:

1) link A with B staticaly?
2) put B in final egg in same dir as A?