To Troll or Not To Troll

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 4 18:04:44 EST 2008

"Chris Mellon" <arkanes at gmail.com> writes:

> Peculiarities in usenet resulted in this discussion having several
> threads and I missed some messages before I wrote this email.

I'll put this more bluntly: Warren's messages to date egregiously
break the flow of discussion.

Warren, in the interest of sane discussion in these forums, please:

* preserve attribution lines on quoted material so we can see who
  wrote what.

* use the convention of “New subject (was: Old subject)” when you
  change the ‘Subject’ field of a message.

* switch to a client that preserves threading in messages you send,
  i.e. that properly constructs the ‘References’ and ‘In-Reply-To’
  fields.

General advice good for everyone, of course, but particularly apropos
to this reply. Any one of the above is detrimental to omit; striking
on all three makes a discussion almost impossible to follow. (Thank
you, though, for avoiding the worse habit of top posting!)

--
 \           “The cost of education is trivial compared to the cost of |
  `\                                     ignorance.” —Thomas Jefferson |