Structure using whitespace vs logical whitespace

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Mon Dec 15 16:42:23 EST 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:27:12 -0800, cmdrrickhunter at yaho.com wrote:

> On Dec 15, 11:10 am, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
>> > In general, I'm using indentation to show logical flow through code.
>>
>> That, of course, is what Python does.
>>
> Python does NOT use indentation to show logical flow.  It uses it to
> show syntactical flow.

What the heck is "syntactical flow"?  Of course Python uses indentation
for logical flow -- the indentation reflects the program logic.

> The XML writer is the perfect example of a case where they are
> different.

No the program flow there is just some linear calls to methods.  It's the
XML structure that is not reflected by the indentation, the program flow
is represented just fine here.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch