Python 3 and my Mac (Leopard)

Mark drexeldragon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 22:23:41 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Dan <fred at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wanted to learn python, got Mark Summerfield's new book "Programming in Python 3".  Having a hard time getting python 3 and IDLE working on my Mac with Leopard.  The mac "resources" on the python.org site seem a bit out of date, and don't really mention python 3.  Are there any resources out there?  Is the python community just not interested in Macs?  I've tried googling and the usual search strategies.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> DAN

I used the following link when installing Python 3 on my Mac running
Leopard, it worked like a charm:

http://farmdev.com/thoughts/66/python-3-0-on-mac-os-x-alongside-2-6-2-5-etc-/

These instructions are based around installing Python 3 alongside your
existing install, which is what I was looking for.

YMMV, especially concerning IDLE, I haven't used it with 3.0 as of yet.

-Mark