Best way to report progress at fixed intervals

Jon Morton jonanin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 00:13:36 EST 2008

 I think there is something I've run into, and it will only ever get
_loaded_ once.   See below for sour
 output of an easy example case of my problem.   The wxPython lib is
big, so it may have bugs, but pySer
l and pure python (no C/C++ directly, event thought it uses os.open/
close & termios that themselves use
 mistaking)) and I see nothing that could cause this.   I used the
"ps" command to see the memory usage
recipe that I found that counts the number of objects.   To test them
just run each example and run "ps
 python" once in a few days.   This is probably just bias from my last
programming environment, though.