Mathematica 7 compares to other languages

Lew lew at lewscanon.com
Tue Dec 2 16:57:35 EST 2008

Xah Lee wrote:
> If [yo]u would like to learn [the] [E]nglish lang[uage] and writing insights from me,
> peruse:

/Au contraire/, I was suggesting a higher standard for your posts.

> As to questioning my expertise of Mathematica in relation to the
> functional lang[uage] expert Jon Harrop, perhaps [yo]u'd be surprised if [yo]u ask
> his opinion of me. My own opinion, is that my Mathematica expertise
> surpasses his. My opinion of his opinion of me is that, my opinion on
> Mathematica is not to be trifled with.

I have no assertion or curiosity about Jon Harrop's expertise compared
to yours.  I was expressing my opinion of his expertise, which is
high.

> Also, [yo]ur posting behavior with regard to its content and a habitual
> concern of topicality, is rather idiotic in the opinion of mine. On

There is no reason for you to engage in an /ad hominem/ attack.  It
does not speak well of you to resort to deflection when someone
expresses a contrary opinion, as you did with both Jon Harrop and with
me.  I suggest that your ideas will be taken more seriously if you
engage in more responsible behavior.

> the surface, the army of [yo]ur kind have the high spirit for the health
> of community. But underneath, i [sic] think it is [yo]u who [a]r[e] the most
> wortheless with regards to online computing forum's health.

You are entitled to your opinion.  I take no offense at your attempts
to insult me.

How does your obfuscatory behavior in any way support your technical
points?

--
Lew