Are Django/Turbogears too specific?

Philip Semanchuk philip at semanchuk.com
Mon Dec 22 09:35:28 EST 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 1:52 AM, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Philip Semanchuk wrote:
>> I prefer Mako over the other template languages I've seen.
>
> From what I can tell Mako is nearly identical to all other
> template languages you might have seen (e.g. PHP style
> tags). Thats why I personally would not consider it. Its just
> much of a hassle to mix code and design this way.
>
> I prefer TAL (template attribute language, ZPT) [1]
> much over the other attempts I've seen ( and I've seen a lot)

That's an excellent example of how Python can accommodate different
tastes. =) I can't stand TAL; I find it awkward and unPythonic. Your
comment makes sense, though. Mako and TAL have very different design
philosophies, and if you really like one, you're probably going to
find the other strange at best.

Cheers
Philip