Multiple Versions of Python on Windows XP

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Dec 2 13:56:19 EST 2008

> OK, Issue 4485 created.  My first one, so let me know if I goofed.  I
> elaborated a bit from the original email, upon reflection.  Seemed
> useful, but also seemed complex by the time I got done.

Looks about right to me.

> I don't really have a clue what the uninstaller should do with these;
> nor have I fiddled to know if it presently removes Python.File.  I
> suppose it should delete them, if and only if the ftype and assoc have
> the same content as was created by the corresponding version installation.

The uninstaller will currently just remove it all. Conditional removal
of the associations will be tricky; I'll look into it.

I also wonder whether assoc only changes the settings for the current
user. In that case, uninstalling a Python version that was per-machine
would not affect the user's association, anyway.

Regards,
Martin