iterating initalizations

Chris Rebert clp at rebertia.com
Mon Dec 22 22:43:46 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Aaron Stepp <stepp.aaron at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Thanks for the help so far, I think I'm starting to get a hang of the
> syntax.
>
> I think I need to state my goal more clearly.
>
> Instead of writing a long list of initializations like so:
>
> A = [ ]
> B = [ ]
> Y = [ ]
> Z = [ ]
>
> I'd like to save space by more elegantly turning this into a loop.  If I
> need to just write it out, I guess that's ok... but it would be much
> cleaner.  I'm a composer, not a programmer, so some of this is quite above
> me.

So, are these variables supposed to be module-level, or attributes of
class pitchAndRhythm, or what?
Also, are you going to use the variables normally or are you going to
need "variable variables" (e.g. like $$var in PHP, which gives the
value of the variable with the name of the string stored in $var)?

Cheers,
Chris

--
Follow the path of the Iguana...