Strengths and weaknesses of Pygame vs. pyglet vs. PyOpenGL?

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at pas-de-pub-merci.mac.com
Mon Dec 8 05:17:36 EST 2008

illume <renesd at gmail.com> wrote:

> pygame is also much more portable, has more people using it, has more
> developers, and a stable API.  Code you wrote 5 years ago will most
> likely still work.  Code you wrote for older versions of pyglet will
> not work without changes.

I'm a new python and pygame user (i came from C/C++), very easy to learn
and you got results very fast.

I've done a low investigation before choosing pygame over pyglet.
I choose pygame because i only need 2D and also because it seems there
is more documentations, samples, books and developers for pygame.

pygame is really easy to learn and seems fast to me and easy to extend
(derivate class), support image, sound, etc... And can be bundled with
py2app (Mac) : important to distribute the project.
I just run a bug whn using background music, py2app fail ti create the
bundle...

On my iMac intel, i run my small arcade game (a spaceinvader like)
between 800-1400 fps using dirtyrect.
I can also run without modification on Windows and Unbuntu using WMWare
on the same machine.

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange
<http://microwar.sourceforge.net/>

Ce message est sous licence Creative Commons "by-nc-sa-2.0"
        <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/fr/>