Python's popularity

Kevin Kelley wyldwolf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:22:58 EST 2008

Python has it's place, usually getting things done, rather than being
flashy.

For example, while Java is still the "Enterprise King", both the leading
application servers (Weblogic and Websphere) adopted Jython as their
internal scripting language last year (or was it 2006?).

It's used heavily for internal game scripting (Eve Online uses it very
heavily (specifically Stackless), as does BF 2142).

I don't know if in fact Python is the 3rd most popular language, but I would
not be surprised by it passing up other high level scripting languages like
Perl and Ruby.

Kevin