SuSE11.1 eclipse 64 pydev can't add python path

Nikolas Tautenhahn virtual at gmx.de
Tue Dec 23 17:08:40 EST 2008

Hi,

Reimar Bauer wrote:
> I can install pydev using the update manager in eclipse for 64 bit from the
> SuSE 11.1 repo. But I can't configure pydev without crashing it.
> I can select the interpreter /usr/bin/python
> and I do see the System PYTHONPATH
> Forced builtin libs also looks good.
>
> But Apply gives me
> #
> # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f2d7abebaed, pid=6544, tid=139832007596368
> #
> # Java VM: IcedTea 64-Bit Server VM (1.7.0-b24 mixed mode linux-amd64)
> # Problematic frame:
> # V [libjvm.so+0x21baed]
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as:
> # /home/user/hs_err_pid6544.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> # http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla
> # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
> # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

unfortunately I can't help but reproduce the problem. My eclipse was
already configured when I updated openSuSE 11.0 to 11.1 so it is not
*that* bad for me (only when I install new eggs and want pydev to take
notice of them).

The question is who is responsible for this... java? pydev? (suse?)

If you open a ticket in a bugtracker, please post the url here and I
will add myself, too

Best regards,
Nikolas Tautenhahn