Twisted for non-networking applications

Kottiyath n.kottiyath at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 13:27:57 EST 2008

Hi all,
   Is it a good idea to use Twisted inside my application, even though
it has no networking part in it?
   Basically, my application needs lots of parallel processing - but I
am rather averse to using threads - due to myraid issues it can cause.
So, I was hoping to use a reactor pattern to avoid the threads. I am
using twisted in another part of the application for networking, so I
was hoping to use the same for the non-networking part for reusing the
reactor pattern.
   If somebody can help me on this, it would be very helpful.
Regards