Graphics Library with Standard Interaction Features, 2D and 3D

Benjamin Blundell onidaito at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 07:37:00 EST 2008

Hi all. I've had a look around the forums and the we and im looking
for a library (or a set of libraries) for dealing with Visualisation
and Interaction in Python. At the moment i've been using Flash with
the Five3D library to do most of the work. Sadly this isnt an option
anymore but it is a good example. Pretty,anti-aliased 2D and 3D
graphics, simple interaction and no need to rewrite the wheel.

Im a fan of OpenGL and PyOpenGL is fairly cool but I really dont want
to have to write yet another camera, another way of dealing with
Vectors, texture organiser, picking, etc etc. Is there a library or
set of libraries that people are aware of that might do this? I
remember a few in C++ and C but it'd be nicer to stick to working with
Python

Cheers
Ben