ORB for Python and PHP

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue Dec 9 03:52:38 EST 2008

>> There are others but they do not support both Python and PHP. Should
>> I implement my own ORB, or do you know a suitable solution?
>

> The whole purpose of an ORB ist that it is interoperable. So if you
> have a good python orb (I personally prefer OmniORB), and a good one
> for PHP - connect them.
Are all ORBs compatible with each other? I know that this is offtopic,
but do you know any ORB for PHP? I couldn't find any.
> I would suggest a consistent XMLRPC-interface though.
Unfortunately, this would not be good. Sometimes we need to pass through
binary data (image file), do session management (which is hard to do
with xml-rpc, where each request is a new connection) and optimize speed
for communication when the parties are on the same machine.

   Laszlo