Don't you just love writing this sort of thing :)

Fri Dec 5 05:32:49 EST 2008

In message <Xns9B6B552DB7E0Dduncanbooth at 127.0.0.1>, Duncan Booth wrote:

> ... but the mess you posted is going to be virtually untestable ...

The "mess" I posted did actually work as written.

> ... whereas splitting it up into small testable functions will make it
> much easier for you to actually get somewhere near your goal of correct
> code.

The code people write is probably a direct reflection of their thinking
processes: For example, slow, plodding, one step at a time, incapable of
imaginative leaps, versus those who operate directly on larger patterns at
once...